October 18, 2013

The Walking, Talking, Squawking Schoolbus

The cow went up the hill,
The cow went up the hill,
Second verse same as the first,
Never gets better, only gets worse!
The cow went up the hill...

et cetera.  ad nauseam.

This is the ONLY song that the kids would sing this morning, damn them.  They wanted to make me crazy.  Crazier.   I tried ALL of my Christian camp songs on them -

the animals they came, 
they came by twosies, twosies,

the animals they came, 
they came by twosies, twosies
elephants and
[CLAP HANDS LOUDLY]
kangaroosies, oosies,
children of the lord.

Okay, maybe you can see why they didn't want to sing that one.  
They also sniffed at Titanic (who doesn't love the line - uncles and aunts, little children lost their pants?) and Fish and Chips and Vinegar  (one bottle pop, two bottle pop, three bottle pop, four bottle pop, five bottle pop, six bottle pop, seven seven bottle pop!)

Rotten kids and their rotten songs.

Here we are at 7:20am, looking and feeling sprightly:



Yes, folks the bus was small this morning.  Very small.  Djing-djing the wild poodle kept us hopping though:

in which Djang fancies himself as Elmer Fudd

Django was quite the handful this morning.  He took a giant poo in the bush near this stop:



The kids thought it was hilarious.  Of course they did.  They didn't do the scooping.  Shortly after our first fecal incident, one of the three children declared:

"I have diarrhea, I've gotta go!"

Take a wild guess which one said that.  
You are right.

I said:  "go in the bush".

He said:  "NO!"

I said:  "I'm going to write about it on my blog."

"NOOOOOOO!!!!!"

much laughter.

It was my turn to sing again:

Floatin' down the gutter
on a piece of bread and butter,
DIARRHEA!

[splft splft! - you make a loud tooting sound at this point in the song]

DIARRHEA!

splft splft!

Floatin' down the sewer,
Like a piece a horse manure,
DIARRHEA!

splft splft!


The kids seemed to like this song A LOT.

I will not relate the next poo incident as it is disgusting.  :-)  I am funny.

It involved the dog.  Enough said.

Here we are, at the halfway mark, shortly after we were nearly flattened by a rogue cyclist:



Kids are happy here.  They actually like singing and walking.

Cool spraypaint we saw -- BOYS!!!!:



Vanity shot rolling eyes -


looking super hot at 7:50am.  Shrub and Djing-djang look good though.  

We were getting thirsty, some of us were complaining and we came across this in Victoria Park:



Sophie wanted to drink like a dog, so we let her.  This was hilarious!  Sophie's mother, I apologize.  :-)

Afer our drink, we had under ten minutes to go.  The entire walk took us 50 minutes.  It took me 1 hour and 45 mins.

****************

On a somewhat unrelated note, I will leave you with some pictures of the mystery house that I am obsessed with.  This house is at the base of the Wortley Rd hill at Stanley Street and I walked by it on the way home.  It reminds me of a fun house, with its colours; however, it  sort of creeps me out because there are a series of outdoor "paths" and "tunnels" which are covered in barbed wire and metal netting.  I am thinking it has something to do with animal training.  It's very weird.  If anyone knows what the hell is going on behind this fence, I would love to know...  because I am OBSESSED...

imposing fence that runs the length of the property

you can just see the wire at the top

see that fence! what is going on behind it?  sorry I didn't take any pictures of the actual house... it is situated on top of a hill near train tracks.  Next time.

*****************


Lastly, here is some information about the walking school bus program from walkingschoolbus.org  I think that it is an AWESOME initiative.

Why develop a walking school bus?


Studies show that fewer children are walking and biking to school, and more children are at risk of becoming overweight. Changing behaviors of children and parents require creative solutions that are safe and fun.
Implementing a walking school bus can be both.

We are going to try to do this once a week!  I loved it.  Happy Trails!

Soundtrack:  The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)





Wed, Oct 30 - two grandparents, five kids, one dog.  Highlights:  Nathaniel was dragged through Victoria Park on his back when Django bounded after a squirrel.  We laughed our HEADS OFF.  It was like something out of the Little Rascals.










2 comments:

  1. That house is the crazy cat lady house. She has dozens and dozens and dozens of cats. SPCA or whatever you Ontarians call is has cited her lots of times but still she has lots of cats. Thanks you for being a super mom and not only walking kids to school, but also making me laugh and laugh and laugh. I will be singing camps songs in my head all day now (Alice the camel has 10 humps....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, crazy cat lady, afaik. I used to be obsessed with the house, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting!