October 04, 2013

Yakety Yak is Back!

I have ceased the vow! Some friends dropped by the house last night and I spoke - quietly. I think I sound strange - it's very disquieting.  nyuk, nyuk.

For your viewing pleasure, from Stanford Medicine, here's a picture of what I am hoping to avoid, although it may be too late.



If you would like to read all the posts on this topic, you can click here:

On Vocal Cords and My Vow of Silence - read from the bottom up



What I have learned:

Not Speaking Makes Me Even Bitchier Than I Normally Am

Not Speaking is Liberating

My Children Like Me

A Lot of People Think That I am an Idiot

A Lot of People Think That I am Awesome!

My Throat Feels Less Like Sandpaper and More Like Butta

Some Individuals Enjoyed the Challenge of Trying to "Make" The Silent One Speak

A Lot of What Comes Out of my Mouth is Unnecessary:



Your Vocal Cords Have Feelings Too

Children are Smarter Than You Think

Yelling Gets You Everywhere Nowhere


Thank you to those of you who offered kind words of support and encouragement.


Soundtrack  

This goes out to my children:  Yakety Yak by the Coasters




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting!